All educators have a role in helping learners to develop their digital literacy skills and online behaviours. Indirectly with good use of ICT in Learning and more directly with specific education regarding e-safety. This might be a useful resource then for anyone not just those teaching Internet Safety. It’s on Glow the Scottish Schools Intranet so only those with a Glow account can access. In Highland if you need support for your Glow account please contact the ICT in Learning Team – Louise Jones or Andy Robb.
On behalf of the Glow Team
The Internet Safety Teachers Network is a secure online community where teachers who are involved in Internet Safety education can update, share and discuss with each other information and approaches to teaching and learning.
Some of the features you will see in the site include:
- Useful Resources – Primary and Secondary including resources developed by Thinkuknow
- Monthly Conversations on hot topics using OneNote
- Video Discussions – An area where you can view and discuss videos used to teach Internet Safety
- Calendar of relevant activities and events
- Relevant Web Links
- Career Long Professional Learning
Check the site out at: www.bit.ly/internetsafetyedscot (You may need to login into Glow first before clicking the link)
Interested in seeing how Glow can be used to support teaching and learning for Internet Safety? Then why not have a look at what some schools have been doing in the Internet Safety – Learners site at: http://tinyurl.com/lkhaz5b.